Pages

Monday, January 20, 2014

Leadership and Self-Deception

This year during one of our professional developments we are doing a book study on Leadership and Self-Deception by The Arbinger Institute. The book is about an executive that joins a large company. He's required to have a meeting with one of the executives. During the meeting he is forced to take a look at himself and how he treats others around him.




I have to admit that when I first started reading this book, I was a bit skeptical about where it was heading. But, as time has gone on, I've also been forced to take a look at myself and how I perceive things. Both in the work place and at home.

I like the fact that it encourages us to step outside "the box" and look at the way others may be seeing things. It's sorta like the adage "You won't understand until you have walked a mile in their shoes".

I find myself relating this to my family and my relationship with my husband. As I'm reading, I'm thinking, "Ohhhhh, I understand now."

This book is worth a read. (I'm not getting paid for this "book report".)  You can also read the book online if you search out the PDF copy. Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment